Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Inspiring Moments


Acompañado de su sombra...
Originally uploaded by Cloe007.
I'm a visually-stimulated person, meaning when I see something inspiring, my thoughts flow.

Sometimes it's good, if your job needs something creative.

Sometimes it can come in handy, if you need to be reflective, or even contemplative.

This photo, for example, makes me feel very curious, I have this uncontrollable urge to go stand where that man is and look beyond and below.

I want to "see."

Even if I'm not there yet, I start to visualize already what I may see there.

See, this is the problem of someone whose mind is accustomed to working all the time.

Because in terms of mindfulness meditation, one should try to live as much as possible in the present, and just "observe" without judgement, without guessing what might happen, etc.

If one continues to observe accurately, one would get Enlighten.

And I believe if one does, the light at the end of the tunnel would become even more appealing that the one seen in this pix.

But then, as you can see, I'm already falling into the trap of "guessing" into the "future" again!

Now you see how difficult it is to stay constantly mindful in the present.

Try.

No comments: