Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Two Retreats So Far for 2005....

Since the beginning of this year, I've been to two retreats so far. Back-to-back.

The more I went, the humble I became. Contrary to what people may think, the more I go, the more I can see my own weaknesses that give in to all the mental defilements (kilesas).

But this doesn't mean I am about to give up! I treasure the fact and I think it's better this way. It is easy for a human being to live with an illusion of seeing oneself perfect. We are hardly ready to concede our flaws. Meditation changes all that. You learn to accept things the way they are and feel quite ok about it.

I am praying that I can go to the March 7-14 retreat in Chiangmai. My friends and family seem reluctant to let me go. They claimed they heard a lot of warnings regarding more earthquakes as aftershocks of that Tsunami.

Ah, well.... If it's time for one to go, it's time to go, no matter where you are or what you are doing at that moment.

And if you ask me, I wouldn't mind going while meditating, for that matter!

Would you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you about meditation which can change our bad habit.It's the way of good. i really think.